Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF but uh oh, that means it's the weekend eating challange

I weighed in this morning at 209.4 which is 15 pounds in less than 3 weeks. Yay me!
I feel so in control this time of my eating. I haven't had very many cravings or bad days. I breath through bad food thoughts and get on with it. I am really enjoying cooking new foods and meals for my family and I know they are enjoying the no fast food as well. I think in the entire time I have been dieting we did In and Out once and that is it. Wow I hadn't realized that. Oh wait and a Wendy's salad 2 times. forgot about those.
NASCAR car haulers parade down the Las Vegas Strip Thursday, February 25, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Racers will compete in the 2010 Shelby American, the third race of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway Sunday, February 28.
(looked like this but in Fontana not in Vegas)
This weekend there is a huge Nascar race a few miles from our house. Last night they had a parade of all of the huge trucks that haul the race cars drive down the main streets by our house.We jumped on our bikes and headed out to the parade. I wish I had taken my camera because it was really cool. There were about 40 of the huge trucks all honking and lighting their lights for the fans. There was a bike path that lead us right to the festivities. The only bummer was for Pj who thought that Lightning McQueen would be there. I love little ones thoughts. So we got in our almost 3 mile bike ride and a fun family adventure in one.
We got home and tried a new recipe. Shawn thought it was ok, I thought it was good, and Cody ate a bunch and raved about it. It is a tilapia recipe with a Parmesan mix on it that you cook in the broiler. It was super easy and done in 9 min. Best part I had everything for it in my cabinets and  refrigerator. So here is the recipe let me know what you think if you make it.

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

Ingredients

    • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    • 1/8 cup butter, softened
    • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ( or to taste)
    • 1/8 teaspoon dried or fresh basil 
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1/16 teaspoon onion powder if you have it
    • 1/16 teaspoon celery salt
    • 1/2 to taste salt 
    • 2 tilapia fillets

Directions

  1. Set oven to broiler heat.
  2. Grease a broiler pan
  3. In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
  4. Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside.
  5. Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan 
  6. Broil a few inches from the heat for 3 minutes.
  7. Turn the fish over and broil 3 minutes more.
  8. Remove from oven and cover them with the Parmesan mixture on the top side only.
  9. Return to oven and broil for 3 minutes more or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily (do not overcook the fish!).
    Super easy and yummy for a fast dinner. We served with broccoli with cheese sauce, and mac and cheese for the kids. 
    Have a great weekend everyone, Ali 

No comments: