I feel so in control this time of my eating. I haven't had very many cravings or bad days. I breath through bad food thoughts and get on with it. I am really enjoying cooking new foods and meals for my family and I know they are enjoying the no fast food as well. I think in the entire time I have been dieting we did In and Out once and that is it. Wow I hadn't realized that. Oh wait and a Wendy's salad 2 times. forgot about those.
(looked like this but in Fontana not in Vegas)
This weekend there is a huge Nascar race a few miles from our house. Last night they had a parade of all of the huge trucks that haul the race cars drive down the main streets by our house.We jumped on our bikes and headed out to the parade. I wish I had taken my camera because it was really cool. There were about 40 of the huge trucks all honking and lighting their lights for the fans. There was a bike path that lead us right to the festivities. The only bummer was for Pj who thought that Lightning McQueen would be there. I love little ones thoughts. So we got in our almost 3 mile bike ride and a fun family adventure in one.
We got home and tried a new recipe. Shawn thought it was ok, I thought it was good, and Cody ate a bunch and raved about it. It is a tilapia recipe with a Parmesan mix on it that you cook in the broiler. It was super easy and done in 9 min. Best part I had everything for it in my cabinets and refrigerator. So here is the recipe let me know what you think if you make it.
Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder ( or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder if you have it
- 1/16 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 to taste salt
- 2 tilapia fillets
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Grease a broiler pan
- In a small bowl mix together Parmesan cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add in all the remaining seasonings and salt if using; mix well and set aside.
- Arrange the fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan
- Broil a few inches from the heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and broil 3 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cover them with the Parmesan mixture on the top side only.
- Return to oven and broil for 3 minutes more or until the topping is browned and the fish flakes easily (do not overcook the fish!).
Super easy and yummy for a fast dinner. We served with broccoli with cheese sauce, and mac and cheese for the kids.
Have a great weekend everyone, Ali