Thursday, October 7, 2010

new recipe

With the cool weather yesterday I really wanted a stew or soup for dinner. I happened to be watching a few min. of Paula Dean in the morning and she made a super tasty looking beef stew that looked warm, and filling. I got all the ingredients and took the 2 1/2 hours to make it yesterday. The kids and I decorated for Halloween yesterday while the soup was cooking. It was the perfect fall day.
Shawn came home and we ate the stew with the fireplace going, so nice. The stew on the other hand wasn't the best stew ever. It was decent. We all ate it but not one of us was thrilled with it (except the dogs, they loved it). Needless to say I won't be passing the recipe on for that one. I did however make an interesting dish a few nights ago with bacon, apples, chicken, and a cream sauce. It was a little overcooked (my fault) so the chicken was kind of dry but it was good so I will pass that one along. The link is here.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/maindishes/r/applebaconchick.htm
Wish I had a pic because it looked really creamy and yummy.
Today might be a little rough. Pj was up with nightmares off and on from about 9pm-1:30 am. I am drained today, but of course Pj is going strong. The great part with having kids is life doesn't stop when you are tired. I am the type of girl who need my 7-8 hours of sleep or my head hurts and I don't function well. I don't think it will throw me off to much I just might need an extra afternoon coffee. For now I am wearing sweats and having a kick back work day at home.In the past I would use things like this to run to food for comfort. Today I am going to get through it by breathing, and eating my 6 mini meals so that I won't be hungry  and binge. I may also go to the market and get some sugar free fudge pops in case.

Have a great Thur.
Ali

No comments: