Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I made it through day 1:)

I woke up this morning feeling great, well rested and ready for day 2. Yesterday was good except I did find myself wanting to munch and I felt hungry even though I was eating. I had a great day and stayed in my 50 carb range without a problem. Here was my meals for the day
Breakfast- 1 egg scrambled with spinach and a little granulated garlic
snack- a protein bar from the nutritionist
lunch- a chicken breast and some green beans. I did the bagged pre cut chicken for salads because I don't have time to cook chicken in the middle of the afternoon threw it in a bowl with some green beans and microwaved.
snack - another protein bar
dinner- baked chicken thighs with turmeric, a baked sweet potato with a little cinnamon and I can't believe it's not butter spray, and the yummiest salad (recipe below)
snack- 2 % plain Greek yogurt with honey and berries. Soooo yummy. Shawn even ate some of it and loved it.
I did the grape juice before dinner and bed because I finally got to the market late in the afternoon. Don't know if it did anything but it was a yummy sweet treat.

So that was my day and I drank a ton of iced tea (caffeine free) I weighed in this morning at 200.4 I know it's water weight and it slows down but a 4 lb. drop in 2 days is an awesome motivator.
Have a great day everyone,
Ali

Mozzarella and spinach salad















these are the ingredients but there are no actual amounts it is whatever you like to taste and depending on how many you are feeding
-baby spinach a handful per person
-cherry tomatoes  I love the ones called Cherub by Nature sweet, they seem sweeter and last a little longer.
-Fresh mozzarella balls (the ones that come in water) cut into chunks as many as you want
-a little fresh basil sliced really finely maybe 3 leaves for 2 people
-a squeeze of lemon juice (I used half a lemon for 2)
-a little EVOO to coat it all
-salt and pepper to taste.
If you want to you can add a splash of balsamic vinegar.
That's it and it was sweet, creamy, and yummy all in one. Shawn added a little dressing to his because that's just how he is but I thought it was good with the splash of balsamic added.

No comments: