Thursday, September 23, 2010

Beaming with a little pride

I am a little sore this morning. Why you ask, Well yesterday I did an intense sweaty cleaning of the house in the morning for over an hour and after dinner last night Shawn and I went for a 35 min. walk. Neither activity was all that intense but it was a big step for me. I hate exercise in any form. I was going to walk the night before but convinced myself that I didn't want to. Yesterday Shawn said "hey, let's go for a walk after dinner". I was actually excited to get my tennis shoes on and go. The cool part was it gave Shawn and I a little along talk time without to many interruptions. Pj did go with us and ride his bike but he was a trooper and just liked to point everything out to us.

For my eating yesterday I had
Breakfast- 1 egg scrambled with spinach
snack- protein bar
lunch- leftover spinach salad but I added some chicken and a little more balsamic.
snack- I had a coffee with half and half for some dairy and caffeine of course:)
dinner- baked fish and Brussels sprouts (recipe below)
snack- Greek yogurt with peaches and honey

I felt great all day and didn't have to many struggles. I felt like I had a ton of energy all day. I did wake up this morning with a little weakness and headache but I think that is just the carb reduction kicking in. All in all I did great and I weighed in this morning at 219 so down a little more.

Well off to the busy day ahead of me. Have a great one,
Ali

Brussels sprouts
1 lb. of brussels sprouts cleaned and halved
2-3 strips of raw bacon cut up into small pieces.
EVOO
throw the brussels sprouts and bacon in a pan, drizzel with EVOO, add salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 45 min. at 350 degrees. Super easy and a yummy side.

No comments: