Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So excited!!!

I know I said I wasn't going to be posting until after the new year but I had to share some awesome news. I love a fabric designer by the name of Heidi Grace. Heidi's designs are all named after her family and are cute hearts, bugs, flowers, and other hand drawn looking designs. I use her fabric in about 50% of my purses. I usually use a solid on the outside but the inside fabric that makes you happy when you open your purse is all her's. Here is a link to view some of her fabrics in my work
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=256762&id=643791358 and here is one of her hand drawn little do dads. Cute right?

Anyways last night I got an email from Heidi Grace to tell me how much she loves my purses. I was so excited and honestly in disbelief that she emailed me. I know you may not see the bog deal but this woman hand draws designs that are printed on fabric. In my eye's she is the Picasso of the fabric world.
To make it even more thrilling Heidi grace want's to feature some of my purses on her blogs. That's rights she has two. One of her blogs is her personal design blog and the other is for a company that she works with called colorbok. Colorbok is an art supply company that makes scrapbooking and other fun stuff. I can't even tell you how excited I am. I'm not sure about how much traffic she gets but since I started sewing everyone tells me that all you need to do to start selling a bunch is get one famous person to carry or talk about your purses. Well since I'm not buddy buddy with Angelina Jolie this is the next best thing.
What this means is Ali has a reason to start sewing again. I have done a few custom things in the last few months but honestly I got really discouraged when I took my stuff to craft shows and didn't do well at all. I know it was the show I was selling at and not my stuff but it was still really discouraging. So who knows Maybe just maybe this will help make sewing a better paying option for me to stay home with my boys instead of childcare.
Well that's enough of that but I had to share my exciting news.
Ali

No comments: