Tuesday, November 16, 2010

down for the count










View Image

Hey everyone,
I am back from a little sick leave from blogging. I started getting a little sick feeling last Tues. and was able to hold it off until Thur. By Thur. night I was done for. I pushed myself a little to hard over the weekend and was out of commission yesterday. I felt so terrible I even called in sick to work and took it easy on the couch all day. I feel like today is the first day I can function almost fully. I hate being sick.
I didn't weigh in at the doc. last week because I wasn't feeling well so I go back today for the first time on 2 weeks. I ate on target for the most part but there were a few days that the thought of cooking was exhausting and cereal ended up as the meal of choice. I didn't go crazy but I wasn't very good either. I am back on today and in full force. I still managed to lose about 4 pounds over the 2 weeks but I think the last week was just maintaining.
Today is a day of getting the house back in order, laundry done, and a market trip in at some point. Funny how if Mom takes a day or two off so does everything else in the house. The only thing I am not going to do is mop. The whole downstairs of our house is hardwood and to mop it takes a caffeine induced energy boost. It may just be an excuse to not do one of my least favorite jobs but it works for me today.
I am heading to the nutritionist today to weigh in and all that jazz. I will blog tomorrow to let you all know the results and stuff.
View Image

I must admit that I almost got totally off track while I was sick. I am taking today to remind myself why I am losing weigh and how much better I feel now. It is funny how a few bad days can lead to a slippery slope of bad eating. I still use food for comfort and I need to find a new comfort. Any ideas?
Have a great Tuesday,
Ali

No comments: